A new desk for back to school.


I actually reno'd this desk last year as a back to school present for myself. I found someone selling an old white desk on craigslist. I liked the little details like the thin drawer on the right, the post legs and the carved trim. It was in solid shape but desperately needed a makeover.

I painted the whole desk light blue, then stenciled the drawers and sides with red. I wasn't satisfied with any of the stencils that I found in the art stores, so I bought sheets of laser cut paper in a design that I liked and used that for the stencil. This was tricky as paint-soaked paper will only work for a few minutes before it begins to fall apart, luckily I bought a few sheets.

I then hand-painted the trim around the drawers green and purchased new hardware to replace the yucky plastic knobs it had.

I love it, this one's not for sale!

2 comments: